Friday, May 18, 2007

Day 10 - Cry my butt off......


Today is the most crucial day for the entire film. I had so many crying scenes. I cried so much….in one day, I had cried more then my entire life, no kidding hahahaha. We arrive at Mark Grandpa’s house at 1pm but it started to rain so we had to wait till late afternoon. It’s a very intense day for everybody.



This is a pic where I have a bullet hole in my head. Nice huh!!! In this movie there are many flash backs and imaginary scenes, so is this scene my final verdict or is it just another of the many imaginary scenes in this movie? Well, friends, you gotta go watch to find out, ok :)

Dato (the ex ambassador of Malaysia in USA) sat in to watch. So pressure is on but I like pressure, it makes you better. Dato Rahim Razali came in at 9pm for this scene. It was certainly an honor to meet him. A very modest man indeed. Very calm and steady. I actually had the opportunity to act with him. He played as my mentor. The man that I probably only respect in this movie that is. And he fits the role perfectly.

Finally came the ultimate scene. This is the scene where I had to give my ultimate speech. Tell my story, in Malay!!! It was about 3 pages of scripts and had to done in one go. We all know this is the scene where the success of the movie, do or die, the entire movie depended on this scene. So if not delivered properly, the movie is gone with the wind. To everyone’s disbelieve, I did it in one take. YES!!! I am so proud of myself. No mistake, thank you GOD!!!. Mark was like walking around smiling. He kept going, “do you see my face , can you see me smilling? I am so happy…”

Mind me this big scene had to be done while crying you eyes out and even laughing at certain part. As you know, when you cry, you then to forget things, but thanks to Colin and his inspiration ….I did it. I owe this to Colin, for his patience with me….hahahha. So it’s official now, Colin is my hero in acting.


Pic on the left: They told us to do a serious pose..... hahaha

Thank you for your support in my little blog

Christien New





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie when it comes out. It looks like it's going to be great. Hope to meet up with you in Malaysia again soon. btw, based on your current pic, you're looking better than you ever did! just kidding...

juliana said...

you make me cry too! huhuhu sob sob sob!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Christien. It's great that you can do your difficult scenes in one take. But you, erm, failed to mention how many takes it took you to do your simple scenes. :D

But I do agree that Colin is truly an inspirational "heroic" performance coach. *bows* *perasan* :p

Nicole said...

the only thing i can think of when the shoot is over is...

I'll miss that gorgeous house....